1/30/2007

breaking up connection

I often think about my connection to media and its effect on my relationships with others. I feel that its very important to submit the amount of time I spend interacting with various mediums both to God and to those I love and am responsible to. My lovely wife is particularly sensitive toward any of us in the family being "sucked in" to a virtual environment that robs us of each other. Personally, I regularly submit the time I spend on the internet to peer review. How this works is that I will connect verbally with an understanding friend before going online and commit to using it faithfully. Its so easy to forget my Place in time and geography where the virtual world is concerned. Its so easy to waste time. To get lost and to misconnect with unhealthy attachments. Jesus must be Lord of my mind wherever it is and however it is used. That is real faith.

No comments: