1/10/2006


In Rotation this week for me is my own little compilation of Mason Proffit and the Talbot Brothers. If you're into Gram Parsons (Byrds, Flying Burrito Brothers), Little Feat, or New Riders of the Purple Sage, but have never heard these guys, then try to dig some up from somewhere! Mason Proffit is selling some on their website. Terry Talbot has got the band back together sans John Michael (as far as I know). Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if somehow enough folks got together to push them to do a box set? I mean come on, Mason Proffit was better than a lot of bands live that now have box sets out. No Depression mag should unearth them again by interviewing Terry Talbot. BTW, I got the Return to Sin City Tribute to Gram Parsons DVD recently and the lap steel virtuoso that backed the whole concert was none other than Al Perkins, who is now with Mason Proffit!

No comments: