1/07/2006

I'm constitutionally a selfish liar. No that's not a self effacing attempt at modesty, its the truth I must face about myself every day. Its the touchstone for understanding myself. That self awareness is part of my journey toward learning how to love. Is it really in a man to love? Can I possibly live in selfless truth-love in the manner of Jesus Christ? And in this way be a true disciple? I'm attacking my book with this question in mind. If, God willing, I finish it I pray that it could be an act of devotion and worship, creating a little map of my life and thought journey (my story) as a witness that someone may benefit by. That all sounds really noble. Truth is, it will take a lot of editing. Wrestling my thoughts away from bitterness, profanity, and hate and shaping them into devotion will be a small miracle in itself. God help me.

No comments: