1/20/2006

The book is finally going well like never before. Its a spiritual memoir that takes the reader through my life growing up in a radical Christian community with an eye toward these points:

1. the faith of my youth
2. Jesus Inc.
3. the physical, emotional, and spiritual promises of American religion
4. religious power wed with political power in America
5. the silent acceptance and muted allegiance to policy makers
6. addiction and powerlessness. Jesus and the twelfth tradition: anonymity
7. developing a manner of living that demands rigorous honesty

As a friend put it recently, these points are severely rhetorical and my execution through personal narrative is everything. Can I pull it off? That remains to be seen. These themes may change but at this time I feel pretty attached to all of them.

No comments: