2/02/2007

the sexual identity debate

For the most part I have kept quiet on the whole gay marriage and sexual identity debate raging in the Church. Much of the reason for my silence has been, as with many topics, the innane level of dialogue on the subject. Decidedly "pro-gay" spokespersons tend to leave no room for anyone claiming that they left the gay lifestyle. To leave the gay lifestyle, for some, is to be a liar. Well, I have too many friends who have left it to believe that. Anyway, Halden Doerge has posted Eight Theses on Sexual Identity and Christian Ethics. I think he's right on target, with an honest approach to speaking theologically for the Church on sexual identity.

1 comment:

Jen R. said...

Small world, I met Halden when visiting friends down in Portland last summer. Will try to contribute to the discussion soon...