2/22/2006

on play

Well I finally actually bought an album on ITunes and it was relatively
painless. I took far too much time to do it. I'm so double-minded and
there's far too much good music for me to decide on so I just bit the
bullet and got Iris Dement's "Lifeline" album. I love her voice. Its so
salty and just on the edge of dissonance. I'm thinkin' back to when I
ran Southern Gospel music on KTCN in Eureka Springs Arkansas. I'd do all
I could not to hear the music I was playing. It just made my skin crawl.
Now here I am actually purchasing something that most people would say
is no different. If you've ever heard Dement's album "The Way I Should"
you might be a little amazed that she did a whole straight gospel album.
Especially with songs like "Wasteland of the Free" and "Letter to Mom"
or even "Quality Time". Find those lyrics online and you'll know what
I'm talking about. Mmm---salty!

No comments: